Re: [carfree_cities] Cargo bikes in cities

  • Jym Dyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2011
      http://www.copenhagenize.com/2011/10/cargo-bike-capital-rio-de-janeiro.html

      =v= Wow, these are fantastic. Just like Beijing.

      =v= He had another great entry there, with lots of photos of
      cargo bikes *and* regular bikes hauling things, inspired by
      remarks I made in my flickr stream about Zipcar's latest ad
      campaign:

      http://www.copenhagenize.com/2011/10/zipcar-strikes-back.html

      Zipcar puts ads in public transit stations, painting transit
      in an unflattering light, arguing that "sometimes you just need
      a car." While I think a car-share is fine for cases where one
      needs a car, every ad pictures a scenario in which a car isn't
      needed at all.

      =v= One of these ads targeted bikes instead of transit, which
      peeved my friend Katherine Roberts and inspired her to come up
      with subvertisements arguing, "sometimes you just need a bike."
      She had a photo of me hauling a trellis, and she knew I could
      track down the font and put the thing together. I actually
      made a bunch of them:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/jym/sets/72157627788108981/

      Most of these are photos I took, but I also got permission to
      use two excellent photos from other people.
      <_Jym_>