Cargo bikes in cities

  • Christopher Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2011
      From Copenhagenize.com:

      http://www.copenhagenize.com/2011/10/cargo-bike-capital-rio-de-janeiro.html

      Christopher Miller
      Montreal QC Canada
    • Jym Dyer
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 22, 2011
        http://www.copenhagenize.com/2011/10/cargo-bike-capital-rio-de-janeiro.html

        =v= Wow, these are fantastic. Just like Beijing.

        =v= He had another great entry there, with lots of photos of
        cargo bikes *and* regular bikes hauling things, inspired by
        remarks I made in my flickr stream about Zipcar's latest ad
        campaign:

        http://www.copenhagenize.com/2011/10/zipcar-strikes-back.html

        Zipcar puts ads in public transit stations, painting transit
        in an unflattering light, arguing that "sometimes you just need
        a car." While I think a car-share is fine for cases where one
        needs a car, every ad pictures a scenario in which a car isn't
        needed at all.

        =v= One of these ads targeted bikes instead of transit, which
        peeved my friend Katherine Roberts and inspired her to come up
        with subvertisements arguing, "sometimes you just need a bike."
        She had a photo of me hauling a trellis, and she knew I could
        track down the font and put the thing together. I actually
        made a bunch of them:

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/jym/sets/72157627788108981/

        Most of these are photos I took, but I also got permission to
        use two excellent photos from other people.
        <_Jym_>