Getting Around Cars in SF

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2011
      In my trip to San Francisco last week, I saw hordes of cyclists all
      over town--evidence that people are becoming so tired of car culture
      that even modest investments in cycling infrastructure will give them
      all the excuse they need to park their fears along with the sedans
      and head out on two human-powered wheels.

      Here's some documentary evidence:

      First, a photo essay concentrating on wayfinding signage on the Bay
      Area' s notoriously intricate street networks:
      http://flyingpigeon-la.com/2011/10/show-me-a-sign/

      And second, a view of what you get when you free a street from cars,
      for even a weekend--such as this vast bike corral in Golden Gate
      park, set up for a music festival, not a cycling event:
      http://tinyurl.com/44ho6ze

      Rick
      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.newcolonist.com