Re: [carfree_cities] conflict between cyclists and pedestrians

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14, 2011
      On Sep 14, 2011, at 8:08 AM, Mark Jaroski wrote:

      > It's pretty clear to me that the reporter's assignment was to find
      > somebody
      > in Copenhagen who's disgruntled with bike culture.

      Yes. NYT assignment during the manufactured controversy over the PPW
      bike lanes and a motorhead bikelash? Give me a break! (BTW the PPw
      bike lanes are supported by just over 70% of neighborhood residents--
      but the chief instigator of the campaing against them is the husband
      of the women NYDOT head Sadik-Khan replaced.)

      As usual, one pedestrian killed by a cyclists raises an outcry, but
      hundreds upon hundreds killed by motorists is just the cost of doing
      business.

      Usual hypocrisy. for you Nyawkers on the list, a bit of history:
      http://tinyurl.com/437ow23

      Rick
      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.newcolonist.com