Re: [carfree_cities] civil disorder?

  • Jason Meggs
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2011
      Way to go, Jym! (OpenOffice is far from perfect but it has many benefits and
      has been known to sometimes does a better job than M$ in opening their
      files, and it's free.)

      Meanwhile, I opened it, converted it, and sent it to Joel with this:

      "Wasn't sure if I can or should send to the whole list, will leave that to
      your discretion.

      Interesting stuff, a lot seen before and I could critique it a bit, but it
      suggests some opportunities for us if we read between the lines. For one,
      that previous reports have been inadequate in addressing issues. Also a bit
      out of date given the credible view that peak oil actually passed
      [already]."

      Then seeking a good source on that last bit, I found this interesting
      write-up.
      http://8020vision.com/2011/02/09/wikileaks-on-peak-oil/

      Jason

      On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Jym Dyer <jym@...> wrote:

      > > Anyone who has a new enough version of Office
      > > might have a look at the PowerPoint presentation
      > > to which the article links (I can't open it):
      >
      > =v= No need to be stuck with the expense of Microsoft
      > Office upgrades with OpenOffice.org around. It's an
      > open source office suite that handles more Microsoft
      > formats than Microsoft does!
      >
      > =v= I was able to open the slideshow in OpenOffice
      > version 3.1 (they're up to 3.4 beta now).
      > <_Jym_>

    • Jason Meggs
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2011
        Here's one on whether Peak Oil has already passed:

        http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=oil-petroleum-demand-developed-countries-alternative-fuel