Re: [carfree_cities] Small Car-Free Development in Portland OR

  • Jon Koller
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2011
      Speaking of small carfree developments, the Friends of Spaulding Court,
      stewards of Detroit's 99-year-old pedestrian street have recently completed
      the rehabilitation of a 3 bedroom townhouse and are making it available for
      rent May 15th. Three neighboring townhouses are occupied with one more to
      be opened this summer in this 20 unit complex.

      Located in the heart of agricultural North Corktown and a (mostly) traffic
      free 10 minute bike ride to all the city's major job, retail and
      entertainment hubs, Spaulding Court and the land around it (google 2737 Rosa
      Parks Blvd) have the potential to become one of the largest and most
      convenient car free areas in the country.

      For all sorts of good reasons, we're offering a nearly 50% permanent
      discount to households that don't own cars. That reduces the monthly rent
      we're asking for from $1500 (with a car) to $800 (without).

      If you're interested, write or call.

      Jon
      Friends of Spaulding Court
      313.288.9255