Small Car-Free Development in Portland OR

    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2011
      Twenty-nine small homes on 1/3 acre lot, pitched as being "where it's
      easy and convenient to live car-free."

      http://bit.ly/jZpxHI

      Rick

      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.newcolonist.com
      http://www.rickrise.com

      Message 2 of 3 , May 8, 2011
        Rick posted this:

        >Twenty-nine small homes on 1/3 acre lot, pitched as being "where it's
        >easy and convenient to live car-free."

        They have moved the article here:

        http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/BlogtownPDX/archives/2011/05/06/old-aristery-lot-will-become-29-car-free-micro-homes?oid=3896069&show=comments&sort=desc&display=

        It's very interesting. Anyone in Portland with a camera and
        some free time? It would be very interesting to have photos.

        Best,

        J.

        ----- ### -----
        J.H. Crawford . Carfree Cities
        mailbox@... . http://www.carfree.com
      • Jon Koller
        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2011
          Speaking of small carfree developments, the Friends of Spaulding Court,
          stewards of Detroit's 99-year-old pedestrian street have recently completed
          the rehabilitation of a 3 bedroom townhouse and are making it available for
          rent May 15th. Three neighboring townhouses are occupied with one more to
          be opened this summer in this 20 unit complex.

          Located in the heart of agricultural North Corktown and a (mostly) traffic
          free 10 minute bike ride to all the city's major job, retail and
          entertainment hubs, Spaulding Court and the land around it (google 2737 Rosa
          Parks Blvd) have the potential to become one of the largest and most
          convenient car free areas in the country.

          For all sorts of good reasons, we're offering a nearly 50% permanent
          discount to households that don't own cars. That reduces the monthly rent
          we're asking for from $1500 (with a car) to $800 (without).

          If you're interested, write or call.

          Jon
          Friends of Spaulding Court
          313.288.9255