January Issue of The New Colonist Online Now

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2011

      The January issue of The New Colonist is online now, featuring
      articles on:

      *Pipers Scottish restaurant on Pittsburgh's South Side
      *A superstar pawn shop in Las Vegas
      *Chip Haynes's predictions for 2011 (Chip is the author of "Ghawar is
      Dying," one of the earliest articles to foreshadow the course that
      Saudi oil production has taken since it was published in 2003)
      *Winter Games, Amy McNeal's suggestions for avoiding cabin fever in
      our current confining winter weather

      Plus, of course, our blog and our extensive archive on life in the city.

      Find it all at The New Colonist!

      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.newcolonist.com
      http://www.rickrise.com

    • Jym Dyer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2011
        > *Pipers Scottish restaurant on Pittsburgh's South Side
        http://www.newcolonist.com/

        =v= Interesting. I'm a devotee of Over The Bar, which is a few
        blocks east of there. It's bicycle-themed, with bike parking,
        furniture, objects, and room dividers made from bike parts, and
        bike posters here and there. What's more, the annual delivery
        of Pedal Pale Ale from the East End Brewery to OTB is done with
        bike trailers. ;^)

        =v= Mind you, it doesn't have that homey Scottish pub feeling,
        it's more like a sports bar, for one particular sport. (Though
        I'm sure both Pipers and OTB will have a big TV screen up for
        folks to watch the Steelers win the Super Bowl.)
        <_Jym_>