Re: Cars and the New Insecurity

  • mdh6214
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2010
      There's a photo circulating on the Internet that demonstrates this sense of entitlement. A student has tacked a flyer to an on-campus reserved parking sign reading "If I'm paying $22,000 per year in tuition, why can't the University provide adequate student parking?"

      This shows the attitude many people have: as a customer, student, employee, tenant, or visitor, they are "entitled" to free parking. The sense of "entitlement" only gets worse when someone is spending 1/4 of their income on car payments--"I'm paying $500 per month for this car; I can park wherever I want for free."

      IMHO, borrowing money for anything other than your home or education is dumb, but I won't go off-topic here. :-)