Iran reduces fuel subsidies, more

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2010
      Iran sharply reduces gasoline (and other fossil fuel) subsidies in an
      effort to balance its own budget. Telling quote form this morning's
      NYT article:

      > The gasoline price increase was expected to be the most wrenching
      > of the changes because of the country�s heavy reliance on private
      > vehicles for commuting and commercial transportation. Iran�s long-
      > distance bus and taxi drivers� guild predicted that fares could
      > increase by as much as 125 percent.

      We won't take the hint, of course, but the article's still worth
      reading:

      http://tinyurl.com/29y3um4

      Though maybe the US military's figured some of this out:

      http://tinyurl.com/3a9x2fx

      Rick

      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.newcolonist.com