Re: [carfree_cities] Energy in NY Times

  • Tony Brewer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 2010

      http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/17/business/energy-environment/17FUEL.html?_r=1&scp=4&sq=energy&st=cse

      > There Will Be Fuel
      >
      > NO SHORTAGE A Chesapeake Energy natural gas well near Burlington, Pa.
      > Experts say the nation has gas reserves for 100-plus years.

      Reality / sanity check at The Oil Drum:
      http://www.theoildrum.com/node/7119
    • chbuckeye
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 17, 2010
        This link is more on point:

        http://anz.theoildrum.com/node/7114#more

        But the Times article clearly shows that Americans are increasingly hopeful that they can continue to do things they car-dependent way.

        As another example, advances in electric vehicles and nuclear power are being cited as proof that we can continue our car-centric development, without any thought given to how we will maintain those millions of miles of roadway.

        Americans stubbornly refuse to change, until they absolutely have to. (At which point the wealthy change rapidly and the poor suffer.)