Paul Goodman and a free bike

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2010
      Hi All,

      This may be of interest:

      Reduce global warming and win a free bike!

      The World Carfree Network is joining JSL Films in sponsoring the Paul Goodman Changed My Life Bicycle Contest. 49 years ago, philosopher Paul Goodman demanded change for his city's streets. We want you to do the same. Ask your city to do its part to reduce global warming, and you could win a brand-new bicycle.

      In 1961, philosopher Paul Goodman wrote Banning Cars from Manhattan, a radical urban planning tract that made a convincing case for eliminating private auto traffic from Manhattan. Though it wasn't to be in NYC, many world cities have since come to agree with Goodman that a livable urban center and a healthy environment require limiting traffic.

      Submit five proposals for how your town or city can reduce global warming to your city council or mayor, and we'll enter you in a drawing to win a brand-new bicycle. One winner in the US will receive a Breezer Uptown 8 commuter/hybrid bicycle, and one European resident will win a Biomega CPH bike.

      To enter and for more details, visit:

      http://www.paulgoodmanfilm.com/bike/

      Best,

      Joel