Increase in US bike commuting sustains

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2010
      Wired Mag. report on increase in US bike commuting--good numbers,
      great photo:

      http://tinyurl.com/3ankccy

      Note that the figures don't count people as bike commuters unless
      they ride to work every day--drive in a couple of days a week and
      you're off the list. (But probably counted as a driver.)

      RR
      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.newcolonist.com
      http://www.rickrise.com

    • Jym Dyer
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2010
        http://tinyurl.com/3ankccy

        > Note that the figures don't count people as bike commuters
        > unless they ride to work every day--drive in a couple of
        > days a week and you're off the list. (But probably counted
        > as a driver.)

        =v= My recollection is that they ask which mode you use the
        most. For example, if your journey to work involves 6 miles
        by bike and 10 miles by train, they only count the train.
        <_Jym_>