"The First Step in the New Mobility Agenda . . . is not to take that step at all"

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2010
      Getting your words out:

      This is to invite you to consider posting your incisive comments on matters
      which concern us here also to the new World Streets platform at
      www.WorldStreets.org, which offers some nice advantages.

      The routine is that your comments need to be associated with a given
      article, and of course once posted they then become part of the article. (We
      do need to admit that the comments are moderated and selected for relevance
      in the context of the issues under discussion.)

      Beyond this and in addition, if you scroll down a bit in the right hand
      column you will see that the latest batch of comments are also brought to
      the reader's attention there. And if you have signed in they will see your
      pic and whatever contact information or references you may care to provide
      there. This of course helps to the extent to which the various postings are
      part of a broader knowledge-building exercise (one of the most important
      objectives of this whole effort).

      So I very much hope you will check it out and give it a try. It seems
      important that these good exchanges not just get tossed up into the ethers
      of cyberspace and then effectively disappear into the void forever.

      And here is an example: - Cities need mobility, not cars

      This discussion was initiated this week under the Sustran Forum and we
      thought it would be a good idea if we could use the wide outreach of World
      Streets to draw more attention to the exchanges, which you will now see are
      unfolding under the heading of the introductory article, which you can see
      here -
      http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2010/06/11/the-first-step-in-the-new-mobil
      ity-agenda-is-not-to-take-that-step-at-all/#more-2501

      The first two comments have been plugged in by the editor, in the hope of
      showing the way for others. And if this is topic which you have been giving
      thought to, check it out and perhaps share your comments with our readers.

      I very much hope we will be hearing from you.

      And don't forget: "The First Step in the New Mobility Agenda . . . is not to
      take that step at all"