No Accident: Traffic and Pedestrians in the Modern City

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2010
      No Accident: Traffic and Pedestrians in the Modern City
      As most of our regular readers are well aware World Streets is no friend of
      speed in cities. To the contrary, it is our firm position that a
      considerable number of the basic objectives associated with sustainable
      mobility and sustainable cities can be achieved if we do no more than to
      reduce top speeds in and around our cities in a strategic and carefully
      thought-out way. The great technological virtuosity of traffic engineers and
      technical planners permit us to do this while at the same time retaining a
      well working transportation system, a healthier city, and a viable local
      economy. Listen to what John Rennie Short and Luis Mauricio Pinet-Peralta
      have to tell us on the subject.

      Article freely available in World Streets <http://www.worldstreets.org/>
      today at www.WorldStreets.org
      Discussion in New Mobility Forum. <http://www.newmobility.org/> Post to