Carfree Family Life

    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2010
      Going car-free with kids in America: http://tinyurl.com/ybvhj6v

      Sort of a primer for the dubious.

      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.newcolonist.com
      http://www.rickrise.com

    • Vegan Linda
      Message 2 of 3 , May 12, 2010
        As a carfree family of five, I second the Xtracyle as great way to get around with kids and cargo. I wish we had a bakfiet, but the Xtracycle and rain gear works.

        Linda
        My vegan blog: http://veganlinda.blogspot.com/
        My business: http://triballife.net/
        http://triballifeinc.blogspot.com/
        My car free blog: http://cucarfree.blogspot.com/
        Our veg radio show: http://fftradio.blogspot.com/

        On May 11, 2010, at 12:54 PM, Richard Risemberg <rickrise@...> wrote:

        Going car-free with kids in America: http://tinyurl.com/ybvhj6v

        Sort of a primer for the dubious.

        http://www.bicyclefixation.com
        http://www.newcolonist.com
        http://www.rickrise.com

      • Sheila
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 17, 2010
          This article mentioned public transit. For many
          folks, biking and busing really are satisfying.
          Even a family of 6 members can bike and bus our
          regional transit county wide system (although
          no guarantees that all 6 slots on the bike racks
          will be available on the return trip!).

          For San Luis Obispo County, California, the bike-bus
          experience for a family is wonderfully rich.
          Biking to the bus stop, riding to the Bob Jones
          Trail to Avila Beach, and biking back on the
          trail to the bus ride home is such a great
          way to enjoy the day.

          -Sheila