World Streets/Monthly Report - April 2010

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 7:02 AM
      World Streets/Monthly Report - April 2010

      We are aware that most of our busy readers do not have the time to check
      into World Streets on a daily basis. For that reason we make available to
      our subscribers and sponsors in addition to the daily edition, a monthly
      summary which brings together in one place all postings and comments in a
      manner in which the busy reader can scan the month's titles in a few lines
      and make a decision as to whether or not to call up and read the full
      article. Time-efficient communication in an overload world.
      April 2010, the month that was:
      Another busy month on World Streets: 26 original articles coming in from
      colleagues and collaborators from Australia (several this month), Britain
      Canada, China, France, India, Japan, South Korea, and the US -- all of which
      are summarized briefly and then with a single click our available to you in
      the following pages.

      New project: World Streets on Facebook:
      We are not Facebook experts, but nonetheless it seems that this is a
      communications tool that might be put to work in support of the sustainable
      transportation agenda. So with the help of our colleague Anzir Boodoo, we
      have set up a first stage site/interface which you can access today via
      http://tinyurl.com/ws-facebook1. We invite you to have a look, use as your
      interest and skill level permit, and, better yet, lend a hand and help us to
      do better.

      Latest reader map:
      And here you can see where the last eighty visitors came from. Generally
      representative of overall pattern, but from day to day with considerable
      variations. Our goal for 2010: bring in all those great white swaths.

      <http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kbTo-M_pSuw/S97E-_8-DAI/AAAAAAAAC6c/L4w8ruTYroo/s
      1600/map-ws-1may10.jpg>

      How to obtain a copy of the April report:

      The monthly editions are available through the World Streets Forum to
      registered subscribers, collaborators, sponsors and others whom they invite
      to share these findings. The Forum provides a handy way to sign in and to
      make sure that you are efficiently informed in a concise manner concerning
      all articles and postings that appear in the pages of the journal.

      Forum. (Access to contents is available to members.) To sign up - a quick
      e-mail to subscribe@... identifying yourself by name,
      institutional affiliation 1f any, city, country, and preferred e-mail or
      other contact information will do the trick.

      Freely available in May - thanks to the Swedish Transportation
      Administration
      To celebrate the generous support of our program by the Swedish
      Transportation Administration <http://www.trafikverket.se/eng> , the full
      April report is being made available exceptionally to anyone who comes to
      the site asks for it. Don't be shy. Just say thanks to the Swedes.

      | editor@... | +331 7550 3788 | Skype: newmobility

      Article freely available in World Streets <http://www.worldstreets.org/>
      today at www.WorldStreets.org
      Discussion in New Mobility Forum. <http://www.newmobility.org/> Post to
      NewMobilityCafe@yahoogroups.com

      Eric Britton <http://www.britton.newmobility.org/> | World Streets
      <http://www.worldstreets.org/> | The New Mobility Agenda
      <http://www.newmobility.org/> | Paris | +331 7550 3788| Skype newmobility

      .

      <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=12441647/grpspId=1705329734/msgI
      d=445/stime=1272892647/nc1=3848640/nc2=5741391/nc3=5733770>