Times Square bombing attempt

  • mdh6214
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 5:43 AM
      By now, we've all heard about the attempted truck bombing in Times Square. I find it interesting that, among cries for better security, I have yet to hear a proposal to make the entire area impossible for vehicles to access--the best way to prevent car/truck bombing.

      Washington, DC already has carfree areas close to the Capitol for this very reason, and for a short time after 9/11, vehicles weren't allowed within 300' of airport terminal buildings.

      Of course, security shouldn't be the primary motive for carfree areas [as is probably the case in DC], but it's definitely one of the benefits.