German Federal President criticezes car culture in front of ADAC

  • heller@worldcarfree.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2010
      Hi folks,

      our German Federal President Mr Horst Koehler held an incredible speech in front of ADAC, which is THE lobby organisation for cars and car culture in Germany. Now his office published the translation in English:
      http://www.bundespraesident.de/en/Speeches-,11165.661675/Speech-by-Federal-President-Ho.htm?global.back=/en/-%2c11165%2c0/Speeches.htm%3flink%3dbpr_liste

      Very worth to read it. For the highest german representative this is a revolution, and it is great that he said that in front of the biggest car lovers.

      Koehler was known as a neo-liberal politician when he was elected (he was nominated by Merkel and the conservative-neoliberal parties CDU/CSU/FDP), so the whole thing is really very, very surprising.

      Markus