Re: [carfree_cities] Bike Lanes in Philly Article

  • N Schneider
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2009
      As a biking resident of Philadelphia I can tell you that these lanes are a godsend.  They provide a safe way to get across town. I can even ride side-by-side with my biking companion. No system is perfect ~ cars parking in the lanes, motorcycles using the lane, etc. but overall it is a huge success.At the meeting last week the NOMS (Not On My Street) were out, but they were shutdown by the amount of support from the number of people who turned out to support this.Even in temperature in the 30s, bicyclists are out in amazing numbers in Philadelphia!Nancy