Closing Facebook Page; New Article in LA Business Journal

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2009
      When I attempted just now to post a notice of my new article in the
      Los Angeles Business Journal to Bicycle Fixation's nascent Facebook
      page, I was slapped with a window claiming that the "content in [my]
      post was offensive to Facebook users," and that I could not post there.

      Well, it's within Facebook's rights to censor what is said in its
      private space, and it's within my rights not to use that space--
      presented as a sort of forum, after all--under those conditions. So I
      have deleted the Bicycle Fixation Facebook page.

      Our Twitter ( http://twitter.com/bicyclefixation ) account is still
      open, of course, and going well, with hundreds of followers, and
      there is still the blog, as well as the announcement list ( http://
      groups.yahoo.com/group/bicycle-fixation-announce/ ) hosted by
      Yahoogroups. So you still have plenty of ways to keep up with Bicycle
      Fixation news!

      Meanwhile, here's the notice that caused the problem: the Los Angeles
      Business Journal has published another editorial of mine, this one on
      the economics of bicycle infrastructure in general, and in particular
      on the benefits of a "bicycle boulevard" treatment of a section of
      4th Street here in LA. To read it, go to:

      http://tinyurl.com/ydufh9d

      Thanks,

      Rick

      http://www.bicyclefixation.com