The Not Sustainable Transport Library (A final resting place for those really bad ideas)

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2009
      The Not Sustainable Transport Library (A final resting place for those
      really bad ideas)

      We have just today created a new forum under the New Mobility Agenda. It is
      called The Not Sustainable Transport Library, and the idea is to create a
      nice warm place in which we can stack articles and related on what we think
      are very poor transportation/environment proposals - often technology rich,
      and rarely cheep - that present themselves as great ideas for our cities and
      the planet.

      It describes itself in these words:

      The Not Sustainable Transport Library: Here we shall attempt to provide, by
      way of what we hope will be telling examples, information on and leads to
      transport related projects, proposals and technologies that are very often
      presented (hyped) by those who stand to gain from their implementations as
      advancing the sustainability agenda -- but which in our view are at best
      very low in the priories for public sector support and certainly not
      candidates for finance with hard-earned taxpayer money. There can be no
      doubt in all that you see here that there is a very definite set of values
      and priorities behind these selections. They are moreover consistent. The
      basics behind these selections you will finally amply spelled out in the
      pages of World Streets (http://www.WorldStreets.org) and of the New Mobility
      Agenda (http://www.newmobility.org). Beyond that a brief trip to our four
      page/four minute summary (http://tinyurl.com/ws-sum ) should help fill out
      the basic background on all this.

      You most probably really don't want to take your time with most of what will
      show up here since they are selected exactly because they are so far beside
      the point. But if you wish to have a look ,the address is
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheNotSustainableTransportLibrary/ .

      And should you wish to comment, you can always post your message to:
      TheNotSustainableTransportLibrary@yahoogroups.com

      Otherwise, to subscribe:
      TheNotSustainableTransportLibrary-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. And to

      Over at World Streets we have a left menu item entitled "Latest World
      Streets News Leads", and in addition to the ten serious source, you will
      find the bad idea graveyard there, with a quick line on the latest to enter
      those fiery gates.

      Eric Britton