[World Streets] It was there all the time: Putting shared transport to work. ...

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2009
      It was there all the time: Putting shared transport to work.
      * Transport 2010 - Conference in Kaohsiung, ROC *
      The all but invisible (unless you were looking for it) trend behind true
      sustainability in the transport sector is . . . sharing. We now know that
      the only way to significantly reduce the CO2 load of our transportation
      arrangements is through corresponding reductions in motorized traffic
      (VMT/VKT). Which means efficiently getting more people and goods in those
      vehicles still plying the road. And to do this well, we need to learn a lot
      more about sharing.
      Kaohsiung 2010 Conference plan in brief
      --> Full text of this article appears in today's World Streets
      <http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/> at http://WorldStreets.org/
      --> Discussions via New Mobility Agenda forum at www.newmobility.org (Post
      to NewMobilityCafe@yahoogroups.com)

      Read World Streets Today at <http://www.worldstreets.org/>
      http://www.worldstreets.org/
      New Mobility Partnerships - <http://www.newmobility.org/>
      http://www.newmobility.org
      8/10 rue Joseph Bara, 75006 Paris, France, Europe
      +331 4326 1323 eric.britton(at)newmobility.org Skype: newmobility