Re: Home Buyers tax Credit Supports Global Warming

  • mdh6214
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7 6:23 PM
      My big hangup on the home buyers' tax break is it's a regressive tax break: it's a tax break for people who can afford to buy homes, but not those who can only afford to rent.

      I feel this requires us to dump the attitude that twin/row houses are "just for rental investments".

      It would also help if they were better built. New twin/row houses abound around here, but I hope you like being separated from your neighbor by two sheets of drywall. Let's see a return to twin/row houses with masonry separating walls. Joel's first book even mentioned separating houses with bricked-in airspace.