[World Streets] Short Take: Stealing from pedestrians

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2009
      [World Streets] Short Take: Stealing from pedestrians

      "One of my great interests is time reallocation in an urban system. All I
      mean by this is that when I walk across parts of London which I do most
      weeks it is quite clear that the amount of time I stand still and do not
      move as traffic hurtles past is very large. I estimate it is about 50% of my
      journey time. That means that even in a congestion charge best practice
      world my time is being stolen to reward drivers with time savings. I want
      the theft halted and the system re-prioritised to reward pedestrians and
      cyclists."

      - John Whitelegg, Editor, World Transport Policy and Practice

      Short Takes is a new series from World Streets. One hundred or less well
      chosen words, putting before us a single point well worth bearing in mind as
      we struggle toward more sustainable and livable cities.

      Have a candidate for publication? Contact our editor via editor@newmobility.
      org

      Have a candidate for publication? Contact our editor via editor@newmobility.
      org

      --> Full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets
      <http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/> at http://WorldStreets.org/

      Posted By Eric Britton to World
      <http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009/10/short-take-stealing-from-pede
      strians.html> Streets at 10/19/2009 04:00:00 PM

      溥 立敦

      Read World Streets Today at <http://www.worldstreets.org/>
      http://www.worldstreets.org/
      New Mobility Partnerships - <http://www.newmobility.org/>
      http://www.newmobility.org
      8/10 rue Joseph Bara, 75006 Paris, France, Europe
      +331 4326 1323 eric.britton(at)newmobility.org Skype:
      newmobility