[World Streets] Women as our metric for sustainable lives: What it means

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009
      cid:image003.jpg@01CA3E11.3A83E910

      Women as our metric for sustainable lives: What it means

      <http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kbTo-M_pSuw/SsjY6tarnmI/AAAAAAAABwU/_N90AxeupQQ/s
      1600-h/ws-pic-bike-woman.jpg> Linda Baker makes the point in this article
      that "Women are considered an 'indicator species' for bike-friendly cities".
      In World Streets and the New Mobility Agenda we take this one giant step
      further. For us women are the "defining metric of sustainable transport".
      Our transportation arrangements do not only have to be planned with them in
      mind ("thank you very much"), but by them -- and, while they are at it, for
      us all. See our "2010:
      <http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009/09/2010-year-of-woman-in-transpo
      rt.html,%20> The Year of the Woman in Transport" at , and more generally
      you are invited to check out our index reference on this at
      http://tinyurl.com/ws-women. Come on. It's time!

      How to Get More Bicyclists on the Road
      (To boost urban bicycling, figure out what women want)

      --> Full text of this article appears in today's World Streets
      <http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/> at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> For World Streets articles on women and leadership, click to
      http://tinyurl.com/ws-women