[World Streets] PARK(ing) Day in Cape Town (Not everybody loves it equally)

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      cid:image003.jpg@01CA3E11.3A83E910

      Paris. Thursday, 01 October, 2009
      PARK(ing) Day in Cape Town
      (Not everybody loves it equally)
      - By Gail Jennings, Cape Town, South Africa

      <http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kbTo-M_pSuw/SsH0Oi8uIlI/AAAAAAAABu8/51_21MQHbCU/s
      1600-h/ws-parking-capetown3.jpg> A few weeks back, a local police vehicle -
      which had been circling for a while - came to abrupt halt on a no-stopping
      line in front of me in Fish Hoek, and asked if my colleagues and I had
      permission to be in our parking bay*. The nearby businesses were
      complaining, you see; by occupying our bay, they said, we were preventing
      others from doing so, and this meant, no doubt, that their daily takings
      would suffer.

      --> Full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets
      <http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/> at http://WorldStreets.org/
      --> Last month on World Streets - at
      http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009_09_01_archive.html

      溥 立敦

      New Mobility Partnerships - <http://www.newmobility.org/>
      http://www.newmobility.org
      8/10 rue Joseph Bara, 75006 Paris, France, Europe
      +331 4326 1323 eric.britton(at)newmobility.org Skype:
      newmobility