Re: [carfree_cities] Philadelphians Driving Less

  • N Schneider
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2009
      I just attended a presentation by SEPTA and I have to agree with Eric.  They stated that nothing has really been built in the last 20 years.  However there are plans to expand routes up in Bucks County and add a new rail line to Reading, PA (remember the Reading Railroad in Monopoly?  Ironic there's no passenger rail service there) which is scheduled to be done in 5 years or so.On a positive note: two cross town bike lanes have been added, as a pilot project.  Westbound on Spruce and Eastbound on Pine.  But the NOMS (not on my street) are fighting it.Nancy Schneider