Re: [carfree_cities] Commuter Computer: Calculate the real costs of commuting

  • Jon Koller
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2009
      I always though that a useful tool could somehow add in automotive costs to
      groceries. I'm not sure about every place in the world, but much of the
      United States is incredibly sensitive to grocery prices. People will drive
      20, 30, 50 even 100 miles to shop at the cheapest store, often saving just
      10 cents a pound on an item.
      A tool that took your address, a stores address, your auto costs (insurance,
      mpg...etc) and let you know the cost of just traveling to that store would
      really make those frequent costs much more present to consumers.

      -Jon (not a fan of big box stores)