Re: Opposition to UK 'green' towns

  • Ian
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2009
      The only thing green about these new town proposals is the toxic ink and paint... One of the major issues with them is that they are situated in remote locations, not served by public transport and with no local facilities. People will have to use cars to escape - although there are plans for some new bus services.

      The buildings themselves are standard buildings, with perhaps a solar panel or windmill or two. The large builders are simply not interested in sustainable building, but making a quick profit. Some of the sites have long been refused planning permission, so the "green town" concept is designed to overcome previous planning decisions.

      Whilst the UK government claims that these towns and villages are green, it continues to support the demolition of homes to build a third runway at Heathrow.

      I strongly oppose these new towns, and they are far from my back yard.

      Ian