[World Streets] How can we save the world auto industry?

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2009
      When I look at World Streets I wonder why it wasn't done before, because
      it's so obvious that we need an international platform like this! - Esther,
      Anaya Barcelona. Spin

      Featured on World Streets today:

      How can we save the world auto industry?

      The world automotive industry churns out new cars, buses and trucks
      presently at a clip of about 70 million vehicles per
      <http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kbTo-M_pSuw/SmCK3Hz5xHI/AAAAAAAABMM/-O0xg1qiGfk/s
      1600-h/ws-pushcar5.jpg> year. And whatever the difficulties that are
      presently being faced by certain manufacturers in countries and regions in
      which they are located, and whatever may be your personal preferences, it is
      not about to go away.

      Cars, buses and trucks are part of our mobility future. In addition to the
      new ones that are coming in at that healthy deca-million clip, we currently
      "enjoy" an inventory on the order of not far from one billion motor vehicles
      of all types and sizes in various parts of our gasping planet, not
      including, famously, the rising swarm of motorized two wheelers that are
      baffling planners and policy makers in cities around the world.

      * Click to http://www.WorldStreets.org/ for full text.

      * To comment, once you have read through the aritlce, you will see the
      Comment link at the end

      World Streets welcomes discussion.

      Eric Britton
      Managing Editor