Car-free Sundays - Updates

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2009
      Our friends from Walk and Bike for Life <http://www.walkandbikeforlife.org/>
      are updating their (and our) database on past and present Car Free Sunday
      Projects worldwide. If you happen to have one in your city or know about
      one, would you be so kind as to share what you have in hand?

      We will also be preparing a special feature in World Streets on Car Free
      Sunday, so your inputs will get broad circulation.

      Copies of your responses please to editor@... and
      laura.penalosa@...

      1. When did the first Car-free Sunday type event originated in your
      city? How many days a year does it take place?

      2. Approximately how many people participates every Sunday? What have
      been the increases from when it first started?

      3. How was the event funded? (City, private sponsors, others) What was
      the approximate cost?

      4. What made your city's Car-Free Sundays particularly unique from
      those in other places? What type of entertainment and extra activities did
      you incorporate in order to encourage people to participate?

      5. What benefits were you able to identify as a result of this event?

      6. What were the main barriers that you encountered and do you have any
      suggestion on how to deal with them?

      7. How do you see your event in 5 years?

      8. Who can people contact if they want information on your program
      (name, telephone, e-mail).

      9. Can you also provide the web site link to your program?

      Once again, thanks for sharing.

      Eric Britton

      World Streets (Plan B)

      cid:image001.jpg@01C8DAF3.F7EBC130

      Technology transforms time and space

      . . . and our minds

      New Mobility Partnerships - http://www.newmobility.org
      <http://www.newmobility.org/>

      & check out World Streets -- www.Worldstreets.org
      <http://www.worldstreets.org/>

      Europe: 8/10 rue Joseph Bara, 75006 Paris, France

      T: +331 4326 1323 or +339 7044 4179 Skype: ericbritton