E-mail-A-Friend: Portland Report

    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2009
      Comment:
      LA looks at the Portland model for downtown.

      ---

      Story:
      Portland Report
      An L.A. Resident Considers the Streetcar

      DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES - Many people in Los Angeles have a serious case
      of Portland envy. I recently spent four days there, and it�s easy to
      see why.

      During my time, I couldn�t help but think about why L.A.�s leaders
      seem to consider Portland the Shangri-La of urban planning,
      particularly in terms of mass transit, and even more so when it comes
      to the streetcar.

      For more of this story, click on or type the URL below:

      http://ladowntownnews.com/articles/2009/05/08/opinion/
      doc4a04babf3860f296507665.txt

      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.newcolonist.com