British parliamentarians learn about cycling (and trains) in Netherlands

  • Christopher Ray Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2009
      After trying several times to post this by email,it still hasn't shown up on the Yahoo! group's mailings even though others I have sent since have, so I'm trying this directly from the Yahoo! Groups web site, Hope it works this time...

      An excellent short documentary clip (10:29) was posted Friday on Cyclelicio.us about a trip by the British All Party Parliamentary Cycling Group to the Netherlands and what they found out there about cycling infrastructure:

      http://vimeo.com/4381805

      Some very interesting stuff about how cycling is integrated with train transport and a brief history of how the turn to pro-cycling policies took place in the 1970s from the car-centric policies back at that time.

      Christopher Miller
      Montreal QC Canada