Side benefit of public transit

  • Christopher Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2009
      A few years ago I posted about the sheer fun that can be had by people
      using public space in unexpected ways, after reading an article about
      a group of "zombies" that shambled and lurched up into Mount Royal
      Park here in Montreal, to get a go at the brains of the regular
      weekend medieval/fantasy world swordplay warriors: it brought a
      completely new twist to the weekend fun.

      Now the San Francisco Bay area's BART has been blessed by some
      funmakers:

      http://laughingsquid.com/pranksters-install-swings-on-bart/

      Pranksters Install Swings on BART
      by BURSTEIN! on APRIL 28, 2009 ยท 12 COMMENTS
      guest post by Burstein!

      ----------

      photo by Audrey Penven

      Some brilliant pranksters installed beautiful swings on BART last
      night. What apparently happened, according to witnesses, was a team of
      six or so people hopped on to a north-bound train from 24th Street
      station in San Francisco around 8:30 p.m. last night, installed three
      matching red swings, and then exited at 16th Street leaving their
      swings behind for public consumption.
      Luckily, photos were taken to record the event.

      ----------

      photo by Neiltron

      I personally love this prank because of the joy that it inspires in
      the innocent by-standers. Look at the photos. Even the dudes that are
      not swinging are smiling (except for one woman - that is just how some
      people roll, I guess). I declare this to be an epic victory for joy
      and whimsy over the mundane!

      (Links to Flickr photo albums at the webpage or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/neiltron/
      and http://www.flickr.com/photos/audreypenven/3482039939/in/set-72157617328268331/
      .