Re: NYTimes.com: Obama Unveils High-Speed Rail Plan

  • Matt Hohmeister
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16 8:08 PM
      I'm obviously hoping for the best, but here in Florida, we're used to rail vaporware.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_High_Speed_Rail

      We voted for high-speed rail in 2000, to start by 2003. Then-Governor Jeb Bush did everything he could to stall it, then forced it back onto the ballot in 2004 worded as a repeal, so a "Yes" vote meant a repeal, praying on the tendency of voters to not actually read the ballot initiatives and just vote "Yes".

      If it does happen, I'm wondering if it's going to be another half-baked, watered-down, overpriced, FRA-drenched disaster that doesn't even have economy class seats.