Opportunity to Propose Carfree Ideas for Reinventing City of Detroit

  • chbuckeye
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2009
      Great opportunity for proposing carfree re-development in Detroit.

      From www.rousedetroit.com

      [D]escription:
      rouse[D] is a two part competition and exhibition. rouse[D] will focus on re-inventing the city of Detroit through the use of digital computation methodologies!

      This is an international open ideas competition challenging people to come up with designs that will rouse the city of Detroit and encourage an evolution of our understanding of its unique urban environment. We have studied, examined, photographed, and proposed our ideas many times over, but how can we begin to take action to improve the overall condition of what so many believe to be a modern day ruins? Every city has its history and Detroit is no different, but now it's our turn to "bounce back" and maybe not in the traditional or conventional way, but in a new, unprecedented way that is specific to the one-of-a-kind condition Detroit presents to us. So the solution too, will be one-of-a-kind specific to our Detroit… let's see what you've got…

      Ranging from macro to micro, explore all options; this project is not just about the large scheme, but also the small details. We are looking for the most CREATIVE and thoughtful designs that could help Detroit and make it better in some way. The competition does have one condition; the site or sites must be IN Detroit proper.

      Three images [minimum] are required for consideration:

      1. Plan view – Including the location of your site

      2. An elevation of your choice

      3. A perspective (the money shot) showcasing your idea

      * * *

      There are 3 prizes:

      1st place - $500 Your work exhibited in rouse[D] Exhibition at the end of August 2009 at a noteworthy gallery in Detroit.

      2nd place - $300

      3rd place - $200

      Honorable Mention

      * * *