Re: bike parking for residential buildings

  • Matt Hohmeister
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2009
      This thought just came to me: if you want to provide a really nice
      amenity for the tenants with bikes, provide a small, cleared area in
      the bike cage for tire inflation. An air hose would come out of the
      side of the building, allowing residents to inflate bike tires in seconds.

      The only caveat: you'd want a belt-driven air compressor, which would
      run several hundred dollars. Direct-drive air compressors are quite
      loud. The compressor could go anywhere in the building; most likely in
      the nearest utility room.