Mr. Walker/Mr. Wheeler

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2009
      I've been looking for this online for quite a while, then found it by
      accident. It's a Disney cartoon from 1950 exploring the
      transformation of a normal fellow into a self-centered, violent slob
      when he gets behind the wheel of the car. It posits that the illusion
      of personal power engendered by the car is at the root of this
      change...pretty funny, and pretty telling. Nearly sixty years ago!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZAZ_xu0DCg

      Rick

      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.newcolonist.com