Re: Passive Houses for indoor temperature control

  • spenniec
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2009
      Is it possible to spread the vision?

      In the same way that the ads are teling us we don't have enough, we
      aren't happy until we have ???, we are inferior etc (a solution to not
      buying a pickup is dont' watch TV!), we will probably need the same
      advertisers and media to sell Passive Houses, car free cities etc.

      A reason why the Passive House movement is gaining momentum is because
      it actually works. Buildings that take advantage of the sun to heat,
      are superinsulated and airtight to reduce heat losses require more
      thought at the design stage and more money spent on the build so the
      investment is long term, not short term.
      We are constantly thinking in the short term.
      It's pretty natural to ask what's in it for me?
      How do you sell long term thinking. Can you sell it?

      Spencer

      http://www.miamiherald.com/living/columnists/dave-barry/story/838256.html