Re: Modelling Cities in 3d with Google Sketchup (Free)

  • spenniec
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 15, 2009
      Very intersting!
      The ability to use procedural methods to generate streets and
      buildings would certainly save a lot of time.
      I'll download the software this evening.
      $7000 certainly puts it out of the reach of a community to purchase.
      They have some pretty good press, however it looks like a new product
      and there's nothing like a good showcase of what your product can do
      along with some great publicity which could definitely be generated.
      What are the thoughts on sending them an email asking for an unlimited
      copy for free? They'll want assurances that we aren't going to spread
      it around the internet or benefit from it commercially, purely for it
      to showcase a vision of post car cities.
      If you don't ask, you don't get :-)