Re: [carfree_cities] Re: Modelling Cities in 3d with Google Sketchup (Free)

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 15, 2009
      Hi again,

      Add to links on this:

      http://www.gamesitb.com/SurveyProcedural.pdf

      Best,

      Joel

      ----- ### -----
    • spenniec
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 15, 2009
        Very intersting!
        The ability to use procedural methods to generate streets and
        buildings would certainly save a lot of time.
        I'll download the software this evening.
        $7000 certainly puts it out of the reach of a community to purchase.
        They have some pretty good press, however it looks like a new product
        and there's nothing like a good showcase of what your product can do
        along with some great publicity which could definitely be generated.
        What are the thoughts on sending them an email asking for an unlimited
        copy for free? They'll want assurances that we aren't going to spread
        it around the internet or benefit from it commercially, purely for it
        to showcase a vision of post car cities.
        If you don't ask, you don't get :-)

        cheers
        Spencer