Re: [carfree_network] Re: US: billions of dollars for auto industry?

  • Justin Hyatt
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2008
      Hello all,

      Thanks Jym for the petition you sent. I just found a different petition
      specifically against the auto industry bail-out. Take a look here and sign
      (and you can leave your own comments there too)

      http://dontgomovement.com/no-auto-industry-bailouts/

      This was after I found a general no-bail out on the avaaz website, which
      usually has lots of good petitions. In fact, I even wrote them and asked if
      they could include "no auto bail-out" wording in their petition.

      http://www.avaaz.org/en/global_public_rescue/

      Jeroen, do you have any idea of pressure regarding this in Europe? I also
      don't fully understand what you wrote below:

      "The Czech Presidency is against subsidies for the car makers... the
      Czech Presidency is saying the EU should just drop the whole cars and
      CO2 regulation."

      So what is the Czech presidency saying? the EU should drop cars AND also
      drop CO2 regulation? And what do you mean by whole cars?

      Thanks,
      Justin