No Auto Industry Bailout Redux

  • Jym Dyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2008
      =v= Here's a "no auto industry bailout" petition from some
      sort of "free market" effort:

      http://dontgomovement.com/no-auto-industry-bailouts/

      (I'm not particularly into simplistic Libertoonian politics
      and all its blind spots, but these folks could stand to be
      schooled about their auto- and oil-subsidy blind spots.)
      <_Jym_>
    • Ron Wolf
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2008
        It will be preaching to the choir here, but Thomas 'Green' Freidman's
        (I made up the 'Green' part) recent rant against the auto company
        bailout is wondefully sensible and outraged. you can find it here:

        http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/12/opinion/12friedman.html

        In summary, we could find a lot better places to put the money to work
        than with these guys who have been messing up for, basically, my
        entire adult life. Send the money to Silicon Valley, invest in green,
        give it to people who know how to innovate. And stop funding this
        damaging industry and the narrow minded self-interest-at-any-cost
        people who run it.

        _______Ron Wolf