FW: your nominations for small/medium sized cities showing outstanding accomplishments

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2008
      * * * Kindly share this posting with your lists and colleagues. Thank you.
      Eric Britton

      Dear Friends,

      Can you take a minute to share with us your nominations for small/medium
      sized cities showing outstanding accomplishments in moving to sustainable
      mobility and sustainable lives? Showing the way for other cities in need
      anywhere in the world.

      · Medium-sized = let’s say, less than 500,000 people. Small: less
      than 100,000.

      · Europe, North and Latin America, Asia Pacific, and please if
      anything at all: Africa and the Middle East.

      We need real examples, of projects and progress – not promises and plans.
      And we need to be able to draw up short fact-based profiles, of each with
      URLs, citations, references and other checkable indictors of accomplishment.

      In a first instance though, just the city name, perhaps a URL and some quick
      indication of why you think they just might be an example for our plundered
      planet.

      We are losing, and losing big, the war on sustainable development and social
      justice. But if we can keep putting forth telling examples to give courage
      and show the way, that is already a start.

      Thanks for your good ideas,

      Eric Britton

      PS. Look at today’s map of people coming into the New Mobility Agenda café.
      Kind of what you might expect I am afraid. But what about those great swaths
      of virgin white running left to right starting in Africa and spreading
      though virtually all of the Middle East and on through the countries of the
      former Soviet Union. Hmm.