Re: [carfree_cities] Moving the group?

  • Christopher Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2008
      You might try Google groups out:

      http://groups.google.com/

      Wikipedia has an article including some basic info about positives and
      negatives:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Groups

      The Wolrd Carfree Network has a Google group that seems to have been
      started in June of this year:

      http://groups.google.com/group/carfree_network?lnk=sg

      There is a link on this page where you can contact the owner who could
      give you some feedback about his/her experience:

      http://groups.google.com/group/carfree_network/about

      That's all I can think of for now...

      On 25-Sep-08, at 12:56 PM, J.H. Crawford wrote:

      > (...)
      >
      > Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the hosting
      > of this list?
      >
      > .
      > (...)

      Christopher Miller
      Montreal QC Canada

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 25, 2008
        Hi All,

        Yahoo Groups has become nearly unmanageable. I can't
        even log in after repeated attempts. There does not
        seem to be any real help available.

        Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the hosting
        of this list?

        The Carfree.com server is capable of hosting a list,
        but that locks me in to a particular host (APlus),
        although I am already pretty well tied to them.

        I have had a fair bit of trouble with Yahoo over the
        years, and I'm not particularly enthusiastic about
        staying with them.

        Best,

        Joel

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 25, 2008
          Thanks, Chris, yeah that's possible.

          I think I may have just figured out the problem, one
          I don't have quite often enough to remember it: my
          firewall blocks certain kinds of traffic.

          Best,

          Joel