Budapest to organise anti-pollution Mobility Week
- Budapest to organise anti-pollution Mobility Week
Friday, 12 September 2008 -
ImageBudapest will join European Mobility Week, a series of events on
sustainable transport, public health and urban issues -- held for the
seventh year from September 16-22.
The campaign with the slogan "clean air for all" will feature
transport-related programmes and public forums on each day.
On the opening day on Tuesday, politicians and public figures will race
to time compare a car, bicycle and public transport as means of reaching
Later in the week, residents will have the chance to ride in vehicles
powered by alternative fuels, taste healthy foods, enjoy theatre
performances and other cultural events and take walks in a cleaner city on
car-free days on Sunday and Monday.
The European Mobility Week
Every year, since 2002, the European Mobility Week is organised from 16 to
22 September and is dedicated to sustainable mobility. The European Mobility
Week gives the opportunity to initiate a wide range of activities and
represents a platform for local authorities as well as organisations and
* promote their existing policies, initiatives and best practices
* sustainable urban mobility;
* contribute to raising citizens' awareness on the damages that
* urban mobility trends generate on the environment and the quality
* establish performing partnerships with local stakeholders;
* be part of a Europe wide campaign, sharing a common goal and a
* common identity with other towns and cities;
* emphasize the local commitment towards sustainable urban transport
* launch new longer term policies and permanent measures.
Video clip made by the European Commission for the promotion of the EMWeek
More information: Budapest to
anti-pollution Mobility Week
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]