Car Free Day - some propaganda from Chevrolet - 1933 worth a visit

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2008
      A reminder from the past - and how we got where we are today. Take it out
      for a short spin. It will help you forget Sarah.

      As we prepare for Car Free Day on September 22, here's more from the
      Prelinger Archives. This particular piece of Chevrolet's automobile
      pomposity is excused, due to having been filmed in 1933. Watch the impact
      that cars were having on our environment and communities (including the
      "Borneo Wild man") even 75 years ago.

      Get it at:
      http://blog.greens.org.nz/2008/09/12/car-free-day-some-more-propaganda-from-
      chevrolet/

      a political blog from the Green <http://www.greens.org.nz/> Party of
      Aotearoa New Zealand

    • Erik Sandblom
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2008
        --- In carfree_cities@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Britton"
        <eric.britton@...> wrote:

        > It will help you forget Sarah.

        I saw that they're selling Sarah Palin action figures. Sad incident
        at Toys R Us today — a Sarah Palin doll shot My Little Pony.

        > As we prepare for Car Free Day on September 22, here's more from the
        > Prelinger Archives. This particular piece of Chevrolet's automobile
        > pomposity is excused, due to having been filmed in 1933. Watch the
        impact
        > that cars were having on our environment and communities (including
        the
        > "Borneo Wild man") even 75 years ago.

        Thanks, but no thanks!

        Erik Sandblom