Subsidized parking

  • Cuthbert J. Twillie
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21, 2008
      Does anyone else live in a city with a population over 100,000 that
      doesn't have a single parking meter? My city ( El Cajon, Calf.)wants
      to increase the sales tax to pay for police and fire Departments; both
      worthy causes. But they want everyone to subsidize the cagers free
      parking. Letters to officials and the city manager have been all
      unanswered as to why a city this big doesn't get some income from
      parking.
    • Pascal van den Noort
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 21, 2008
        Calculate the value of the parking space and its exploitation value
        per year / and then per hour; then appeal to equal rights bill.
        Car drivers get subsidized, others don't.

        On Aug 21, 2008, at 9:50 PM, Cuthbert J. Twillie wrote:

        > Does anyone else live in a city with a population over 100,000 that
        > doesn't have a single parking meter? My city ( El Cajon, Calf.)wants
        > to increase the sales tax to pay for police and fire Departments; both
        > worthy causes. But they want everyone to subsidize the cagers free
        > parking. Letters to officials and the city manager have been all
        > unanswered as to why a city this big doesn't get some income from
        > parking.

      • Nicholas Albion
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 21, 2008
          If you write directly to officials, they might brush you off or "file" your letter. Apparently (in Australia anyway) if you get your local MP to write to the same person they're forced to follow a formal procedure which compels them to respond (although you may not get the response you're after)