Re: Sweden

  • Huang Eu Chai
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2008
      Hi everyone,
      here is a link to some information on congestion charging in Singapore:

      Electronic Road Pricing in Singapore
      <http://www.lta.gov.sg/motoring_matters/index_motoring_erp.htm>

      I have been quiet for ages and too busy to follow the issued discussed
      closely, but since Singapore is the first country to promote the idea of
      road and congestion charging I thought I should take this opportunity to
      come back in. I just hope I'm repeating what someone else has already
      said!

      The system has worked relatively well over here, but it is also clear
      that it cannot provide a permanent solution to reducing congestion if
      car ownership and usage continue to climb. It can only slow it down
      within any one area by diverting traffic somewhere else. The fact that
      it generates a substantial revenue implies an inherent weakness in
      limiting traffic.

      Eu Chai

      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Erik (or anyone else):
      >
      > Are more details available of the mechanics of the charge?
      >
      > I've been concerned that the New York charge would not
      > be successfully implemented (assuming we can eventually
      > get past the political problems).
      >
      > Thanks & best regards,
      >
      > Joel
      >

      > ----- ### -----
      > J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
      > mailbox@... http://www.carfree.com

    • Carlosfelipe Pardo
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2008
        Hi,

        Related to Singapore, Stockholm and London congestion charging
        mechanics, you can download any of our presentations on TDM which have
        case studies on those 3 cities and their basic mechanics and impacts. Go
        to www.sutp.org and in the documents section you can just search for
        "TDM", you'll find various documents with that info (of course,
        registration is needed for access to those documents, but it's free).

        Best regards,

        Carlosfelipe Pardo
        Coordinador de Proyecto- Project Coordinator
        GTZ - Proyecto de Transporte Sostenible (SUTP, SUTP-LAC)
        Cl 93A # 14-17 of 708
        Bogotá D.C., Colombia
        Tel/fax: +57 (1) 236 2309 Mobile: +57 (3)15 296 0662
        carlos.pardo@... www.gtz.de
        (carlos.pardo@... www.sutp.org )